Five Reasons Why Children Love Rainbow Academy
Rainbow Academy Learning & Child Care Center offers quality and professional daycare services in Bolton, ON. Parents who place their children at Rainbow Academy can rest easy knowing that they are getting the very best early childhood education available in the area. New and challenging courses, hot and nutritious meals, and an indoor play area are other benefits of choosing us. We are a part of “Raising the Bar,” which is a commitment to best practices in early learning and child care by the early childhood education community in the Peel Region. The commitment to ongoing professional development and participation in “Raising the Bar” is proof that we are focused on continuous improvement and giving toddlers and children the best possible environment to learn and develop. Here are five reasons why children love us at Rainbow Academy.
1. Passionate educators
A passionate child care educator isn’t always the person with the most education or qualifications – it’s the person who knows how to put a smile on a kid’s face and on a parent’s face as well. We hire staff:
- Who will treat every child as an individual and make sure they feel special and included.
- Who gets excited about learning and can motivate kids and their parents to take part in the fun.
- Who is warm, values empathy, and takes time to understand the perspectives of others.
- Who takes the rules seriously, pays attention to child safety and security and sets high professional standards for themselves and others.
2. Nurture quality relationships between kids and educators
If kids have amazing, high-quality relationships with child care providers at the center, they’ll regularly tell their parents how much they love coming to you for care. Rainbow Staff has highlighted some ways in which we nurture relationships with kids:
- Greet every kid by name when they arrive each day.
- Have conversations with kids and listen to them.
- Follow a child’s lead during play to help them to build confidence and independence.
- Give compliments, acknowledge effort, and reward good behavior.
- Tell kids about yourself and learn more about them.
- Give hugs, high-fives, or start a dance party when kids accomplish a task – make it fun and encouraging.
3. Develop strong rapport between parents and staff
Our exceptional staff cares about the children, and they know that strong relationships with parents influence children to grow and flourish. We encourage belonging, well-being, engagement, and expression. At Rainbow, our staff strengthens rapport by:
- Always making every interaction with parents a positive one with a smile!
- Communicating with parents often to share the good news about their child’s development.
- Asking parents about their individual child’s interests and needs to prepare activities.
- Listening to feedback and acting on it. Valuing each family’s culture and diversity.
4. Create a stimulating environment for children’s development
A stimulating environment usually means that kids are learning a lot and having a great time. Rainbow educators provide a stimulating environment where children can learn and reach their full potential. Here are some examples:
- Stimulating visuals, including informational posters, dioramas, story webs, word walls, wall art, and lots of colors!
- Hands-on activities that encourage kids to use their senses, explore, move around, be creative and develop new skills.
- Toys, books, and games that address all four areas of development: cognitive, social/emotional, physical, and linguistic.
5. Create an environment that supports children’s exploration
Children are natural explorers and risk-takers. They move quickly, put things in their mouths, drop or throw things, and love to climb and hide. Keeping children safe is crucial. Instead of saying “don’t touch this” “stay away from that,” our educators create spaces that engage children and encourage safe exploration. For instance we:
- Try a child’s-eye view and make sure the space is child-safe.
- Arrange your space wisely and Identify and cut off “runways.”
- Organize toys and supplies to make things easy for children.
- Make sure the toys match the children’s ages and abilities.
- Teach children how to handle toys and materials.
If you are looking for a licensed daycare in Bolton, ON, then reach out to us at Rainbow Academy Learning & Child Care Center. We are a child care center that provides a great mix of fun, play, and education to toddlers and young children in Bolton, Ontario. What makes us truly special is the instructors at the center. We are always learning, developing, and improving along with the children we care for. Our programs include infant care, toddler play, preschool learning program, kindergarten club, before and after school program, summer camp, etc. To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here.